- Dr-Ing Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Diplom Informatiker (Computer Science) Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Chair of the Digital Heritage Research Center at CUT
- Secretary General of CY ICOMOS Committee (www.icomos.org)
- Member of the Executive Committee of CIPA (http://cipa.icomos.org/)
- Member of the EU Expert Group on Digitalization and Preservation (http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/activities/digital_libraries/oth...)
- Editor in Chief of the International Journal on Heritage in the Digital Era (www.multi-science.co.uk/ijhde.htm)
- EU ESPRIT Project: Communications Network for Manufacturing Applications (CNMA) (1988-1990)
- Massive parallel processing of complex and scattered 3D points (1989-1994)
- EU ESPRIT Project: IDAS-OSACA - Open System Architecture for Controls within Automation Systems (1992-1994)
- EU KIT SurfMod - Individual Fellowship - Repatriation Project (1995-2000)
- EU Project Software Quality Evaluator (1997-1999)
- EU FP5 JewelMed Project (2000-2002)
- Expert for the evaluation of EU proposals and Reviewer of EU Projects (2000-ongoing)
- EU FP6 Project Medressa II (2002-2004)
- EU FP6 EPOCH - European Network of Excellence in Open Cultural Heritage (2004-2007)
- EU FP6 ePSIplus Project (2006-2008)
- Member of the Accreditation Group of Courses on Computer Science and Engineering, Ministry of Education and Culture (2006-2010)
- e-Documentation of the CY UNESCO WH listed monuments (2006-Ongoing)
- CY Research Promotion Foundation Project APRODITE (2007-2009)
- EU EuropeanaLocal (2008-2011)
- EU ATHENA Project (2008-2011)
- EU FP7 DC-Net: Digital Cultural heritage NETwork is an ERA-NET (European Research Area Network) project (2009-2012)
- EU FP7 INDICATE (International Network for a Digital Cultural Heritage e-Infrastructure (2010-2012)EU FP7 ENUMERATE Project (2011-ongoing)
- EU FP7 Marie Curie Action Project IAPP 4D-CH-World: Four Dimensional World in Cultural Heritage (2013-2017)
- EU LoCloud Project (2013-2015)
- EU FP7 Marie Curie Action Project Fellowship Programme ITN-DCH (2013-2017)
- EU FP7 Europeana Space Project (2013-2015)
- EU FP7 RICHES Project (2013-2015)
- EEA & Norway Grants 2009-2014: Approved and under negotiations with the Norwegian Government
- EU Grundtvig Fellow 2006
- Member of the Sector Advisory Board of the EU Project 3D-Coform (2008-2012)
- Seconded National Expert at the European Commission, Directorate General of Research (2007-2010)
- Seconded National Expert at the European Commission, Directorate General of Education and Culture (2010-2011)
- Tartessos 2010 Award from the Spanish and European Virtual Archaeology Association
- Member of the Europeana Network and Cultural Commons (2009-Ongoing)
- International conference VAST2006 (www.cipavast2006.org)
- International conference VSMM2008 (www.vsmm2008.org)
- International Conference EuroMed2010 (www.euromed2010.eu)
- Cyprus EU Presidency event on Cultural Heritage (www.euromed2012.eu)
Invited Talks (as of 2008)
- IEEE 2008 ( Nuclear Science, Medical Imaging, Semiconductors) in Dresden www.nss-mic.org, 2008
- Workhop on Computational Mathematics at the FhG-IGD in Darmstadt, Germany, 2008
- VSMM 2009 ( Virtual Reality/Simulation and Multimedia Technologies) in Vienna www.vsmm2009.org, 2009
- European Virtual Archeology Conference in Seville, Spain, June 2010 http://www.arqueologiavirtual.com/arqueo
- Digital Heritage Workshop in Brighton, Uni-Brighton, UK, June 2011
- China University of Technology in Taipei, Taiwan – International Conference on New Technologies on Cultural Heritage, May 2012 https://sites.google.com/site/2012dach/foreign-scholars
- Summer School in Vienna, July 2012: (Radio-Past EU Project: http://www2.radiopast.eu/wp-content/uploads/program-1.pdf )
- International Event organized by the German Federal Government in Berlin June 2013: http://www.lending-for-europe.eu/ - Invitation by the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media – Germany
- International Workshop 2013- Paris, June2013- Organized by the FP7 ICT2012 i-treasures Project
- International Conference PhoWo2013 in Stuttgart, Germany
- University of Singapore, Faculty of Computer Science, 2013
Personals: Efstathiou Kyriakos, son of Grigorios and Chrystalla. Associate Professor at the Mechanical Engineering Department of the Polytechnical School of the Aristotle University, Thessaloniki. Born on: 31/08/1952 in Pretori (Cyprus). Married with Maria Kyrillidou. Children: two daughters.
Position: Director of the Laboratory for Machine tools and Manufacturing Engineering of the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the Aristoteles University Thessaloniki
Education: Dipl.-Ing.: Faculty for Mechanical Engineering, University of Stuttgart (1975-1981). Dr.-Ing.: Department of Mechanical Engineering, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki (1985-1991).
Interests:Research of archaeological objects and reproduction of accurate copies, rapid prototyping, reverse engineering, X-ray and neutron tomography. Machine tools, manufacturing technology, CNC technology, CAD/CAM systems, CIM systems,
Research projects:Co-ordinator in 5 and member of the research group in 21 research projects. Participation in organizing 15 international and 11 national scientific conferences. Investigation and manufacturing of exact copies of archaeological findings, such as the Antikythera Mechanism, the vaginal speculum of Dion etc., and organization of related exhibitions, lectures and telecast
Publications: Books: Automatic generation of optimum technological data for numerically controlled milling based and on measurements of the workpiece geometry, PhD Thesis, Thessaloniki 1991.The illustrated dictionary of mechanical engineering (English, German, French, Greek) 1999. Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) 2004. Numerical Control of Machine Tool and CAD/CAM systems, 2004.
Journals and Conferences: More than 100 papers, in international Scientific Journals and Conferences proceedings.
Activities: Executive Vice President of the scientific council of the Academy of Institutions and Cultures. Member of the Greece Permanent Commission for the History of Mechanism and Machine Science of the IFToMM (International Federation for the Promotion of Mechanism and Machine Science)). Reviewer on scientific journals and education books. Member of the examination committees of the Technical Chamber of Greece. Member of the international scientific association “Balkan Tribological Association”. Member of the Technical Chamber of Greece (ΤΕΕ). Member of the Association of Dipl. Mechanical & Electrical Engineers of Northern Greece. Member of the Cyprus Mechanical Engineering Association. Member of the permanent committee for the infrastructure and buildings of the Polytechnical School and of the committee for the evaluation of the design for new buildings of the Aristotle University. Representative of Greece in the “EUREKA-FACTORY” (2001-2010).
Ο Κυριάκος Γρηγορίου Ευσταθίου γεννήθηκε στο Πραιτώρι της Κύπρου το 1952.
Είναι Διπλωματούχος Μηχανολόγος Μηχανικός του Πανεπιστημίου της Στουττκάρδης και Διδάκτωρ Μηχανολόγος Μηχανικός του Τμήματος Μηχανολόγων Μηχανικών του Α.Π.Θ.
Είναι Καθηγητής και Διευθυντής στο Εργαστήριο Εργαλειομηχανών και Διαμορφωτικής Μηχανολογίας του Τμήματος Μηχανολόγων Μηχανικών της Πολυτεχνικής Σχολής του Αριστοτελείου Πανεπιστημίου Θεσσαλονίκης.
Τα επιστημονικά του ενδιαφέροντα είναι: Αξονικές βιομηχανικές τομογραφίες και Διερεύνηση αρχαιολογικών ευρημάτων, Αντίστροφη Μηχανολογία, Ταχεία προτυποποίηση, ευέλικτα συστήματα μηχανουργικών μορφοποιήσεων με τη βοήθεια ΗΥ (CIM), εργαλειομηχανές, Μηχανουργικές Κατεργασίες, Ψηφιακή Καθοδήγηση Εργαλειομηχανών.
Διδάσκει στο Αριστοτέλειο Πανεπιστήμιο Θεσσαλονίκης από το 1982 έως σήμερα και υπήρξε εισηγητής σε πάνω από 30 επιμορφωτικά σεμινάρια από το 1984 έως σήμερα.
Ήταν Επιστημονικός υπεύθυνος σε 7 και μέλος της ερευνητικής ομάδας σε άλλα 25 ερευνητικά προγράμματα. Έχει συγγράψει 6 επιστημονικά βιβλία. Δημοσίευσε πάνω από 150 εργασίες καταχωρημένες σε έγκυρα επιστημονικά περιοδικά και πρακτικά συνεδρίων. Συμμετείχε στην οργάνωση 14 διεθνών και 12 εθνικών επιστημονικών συνεδρίων. Διερεύνησε και κατασκεύασε πιστά αντίγραφα αρχαιολογικών ευρημάτων, όπως ο Μηχανισμός των Αντικυθήρων, το κολποσκόπιο του Δίου κ.α.. Διοργάνωσε σχετικές εκθέσεις και έδωσε σειρά διαλέξεων στο κοινό αλλά και σε τηλεοπτικές εκπομπές.
Είναι Εκτελεστικός Αντιπρόεδρος της Ακαδημίας Θεσμών και Πολιτισμών. Διετέλεσε εκπρόσωπος την Ελλάδα και εθνικός συντονιστής προγραμμάτων της Ευρωπαϊκής πρωτοβουλίας EUREKA- PRO-FACTORY καθώς και Διευθυντής του Κατασκευαστικού Τομέα, του Τμήματος Μηχανολόγων Μηχανικών του Α.Π.Θ. Είναι Ιδρυτικό μέλος της διεθνούς επιστημονικής επιτροπής BalkanTribologicalAssociation, μέλος της Ελληνικής Επιτροπής της Ιστορίας Μηχανών και Μηχανισμών και της αντίστοιχης Διεθνούς Ομοσπονδίας για την Προαγωγή της Επιστήμης των Μηχανών και Μηχανισμών. Είναι επίσης μέλος του Τεχνικού Επιμελητηρίου της Ελλάδας, του Συλλόγου Μηχανολόγων Ηλεκτρολόγων Βορείου Ελλάδος και του Συνδέσμου Μηχανολόγων Μηχανικών Κύπρου.
Μιλά Γερμανικά και Αγγλικά.
Rob Davies has been involved with EU research, inovation and policy support programmes for over 20 years. During that time he has initiated and led a large number of successful projects under successive Research Frameworks (dating back to FP3), e-Content, IST-PSP, LLP and several other programmes, addressing important issues in Digital Cultural Heritage (including several Europeana-related actions), Public Sector Information and non-formal education.
PhD Candidate in Architectural Engineering, a specialist in conservation of built heritage and a Researcher, Maria Costi de Castrillo is of Cypriot-American origin. As an architect/ conservation specialist, her most noteworthy projects have been in collaboration with the
Cypriot Dept. of Antiquities for the documentation and assessment work for more than 40 monuments around Cyprus and her recent involvement as Head Architect in the designing and realization of the Archaeological Park at PA.SY.DY Hill in Nicosia in collaboration with the Department of Antiquities and also her collaboration in the research and documentation of the Church of the Transfiguration in Sotira, in the district of Ammochostos, in collaboration with the University of Cyprus. As a PhD candidate and a researcher at the University of Cyprus, she has carried out research in earthen building materials for the improvement of their physico-mechanical properties for use in conservation projects but also new sustainable building. She has also gained experience in lab testing of traditional building materials for conducting mineralogical analysis (XRD), chemical analysis (XRF) and physico-mechanical characterization. She has also work with numerous private entities for more than 10 years in conservation of built heritage projects in Spain and in Cyprus.
I was born in Thesssaloniki Greece, in 1972 and I studied Civil Engineer at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. I continued my studies with an MSc at Conservation, Protection and Restoration of Monuments. After participating to an official government contest, I was appointed to work as a Municipality Engineer in Hermoupolis (Syros Island) a city that I fall in love because of its Architecture and special Physiognomy. There, I finished my second MSc in “Environmental Planning of Cities & Buildings”.
From 2004 I started my research in National Technical University of Athens, for my PhD in Architecture, developing an optimal conservation plan for the Historic City of Hermoupolis. In 2012 I supported my dissertation and I was honoured with an unanimously “excellent” Doctoral. The system that I developed was named HERitage Management e System (HER.M.e.S).
In 2013 “HERMeS” was honoured with the “Best Paper Award” at the 1st International “Digital Heritage” Conference in the Cultural Capital of Europe, Marseille.
In 2015 “HERMeS” won the most prestigious prize of Cultural Heritage, the European Union “Europa Nostra” Award, between 267 nominations from 27 countries, in the category “Research and Digitisation”.
In 2015 (October) I was the Greek Government’s Representative to the European Quality Conference in Public Administration (Luxembourg, EIPA). In November 2015 I am invited by the European Commission to the “E.U. Cultural Forum”, to present my work in Brussels at the category “Heritage”.
I am the Directive Management in the NGO “Syros Institute”, were we research about the Sustainable Cultural Development and I organise and teach several seminars & courses in Architecture, Urban Planning, Digital Heritage and IT.
Using technology, computers and smart devices for Cultural Heritage is my strongest interest and my future research field.
More information about my publications and research can be found here: www.iampavlos.com [info(at)iampavlos.com]
Prof. Roko Žarnić is a professor of building materials at University of Ljubljana, Faculty for Civil and Geodetic Engineering, since 1993. His research background is in earthquake engineering with a particular interests for built heritage preservation, development of structural elements made of advanced materials (laminated glass and FRP) and inelastic computational models for assessment of structures. He joined the University from the position of director general of Slovenian National Institute for Research in Materials and Structures (ZRMK) where he started his career in 1974. In 1999 he was for six months a Fulbright visiting scholar at University of Colorado at Boulder, CO and in 2006 for six month national detached expert to EU JRC Laboratory at Ispra, Italy. From 2010 to 2012 he was on duty of Minister of Environment and Spatial Planning of Republic Slovenia. He was Chairman of Slovenian Association of Earthquake Engineering 2003-2007 and reelected on December 2016 for the next four year mandate. He was a principal investigator and coordinator in number of international projects (USA- Yugoslav bilateral projects, EU FP4, FP5, FP6 and FP7), member of Managing Committees of COST TC UCE, COST C5, COST C16 (vice chairman), COST C530, C26, TU 0905, and International Board of EUREKA EUROCARE. He has coordinated EU FP7 project EU CHIC: Cultural Heritage Identity Card (2009-2012). Currently he is a member of ongoing EU FP7 project Marie Curie ITN- DCH and H2020 Project INCEPTION and two ongoing COST Actions: TU1403 Adaptive Facades Network and TD1406 Innovation in Intelligent Management of Heritage Buildings. He has published over 400 papers and reports. In European Construction Technology Platform he is co- leading the ECTP Focus Area Cultural Heritage. Since 2013 he is individual expert appointed in his personal capacity to Horizon 2020 Advisory Group for Societal Challenge 5 ‘Climate Action, Environment, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials’.
MBA in Architectural Engineering from the University of Valladolid and Specialist in conservation of built heritage, David Castrillo of Spanish origin has been living and working in Cyprus for over ten years. He has served as a Senior Architect at the architectural firm "Between the Lines" in Nicosia, working on projects in collaboration with the Cypriot Deptartment of Antiquities for the documentation, assessment, development and implementation work for more than 40 monuments around Cyprus. Most noteworthy is his recent work for the designing and realization of the Archaeological Park at PA.SY.DY Hill in Nicosia in collaboration with the Department of Antiquities and his collaboration in the research and documentation of the Church of the Transfiguration in Sotira, in the district of Ammochostos, in collaboration with the University of Cyprus. He has also work with numerous private entities for more than 15 years in conservation of built heritage projects in Spain and in Cyprus.
I have studied BSc Multimedia Technology at Leeds Metropolitan University (UK) where I also
graduated with an MSc Creative Technology degree. I was lucky enough to find an Internship at
Uberact Ltd (London) which led me to my first job as a Software Developer. I continued to work in
London after Uberact Ltd and I cooperate for a limited time with Cinimod Studio. Now I have
relocated back to my birthplace where I’m aiming to implement my skills and experiences from
abroad to assist Digital Heritage Research Lab to achieve its goals.
My interests lie mainly in areas like:
- Interactive Technologies
- Multitouch Installations
- Visual Experiences
- Projection Mapping
She is Research Scientist of the Digital Heritage Research Lab of the Department of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Informatics of the Cyprus University of Technology. Having gratuated from The History and Archaeology Department of The University of Ioannina in Greece, she followed a Master Degree course on Museum Studies at the University of Leicester in U.K During her studies, she had the opportunity to work as an internship at the National Museum of Childhood in London. She has been a substitute Greek Language Teacher for the Ministry of Education and Culture in Cyprus for seven years. She participates in different symposiums related to the cultural field and she is a volunteer at the Pattichion Historical Museum, Archive - Research Center and at the Museum Ploumisto Psomi. She has also completed the initial cataloguing of the Private Archive of Nicolaos Xioutas that is currently being digitised by the Cyprus University of Technology.
Έχοντας αποφοιτήσει από το Ιστορικό – Αρχαιολογικό Τμήμα του Πανεπιστημίου Ιωαννίνων ( κατεύθυνση ιστορία), επέλεξα να εμβαθύνω τις γνώσεις μου στον πολιτιστικό τομέα με μεταπτυχιακές σπουδές στη Μουσειολογία στο Πανεπιστήμιο Leicester του Ηνωμένου Βασιλείου. Στα πλαίσια των μεταπτυχιακών σπουδών, εργάστηκα ως εσωτερικός συνεργάτης , στο National Museum of Childhood - Bethnal Green στο Λονδίνο. Στo μουσείο αποκόμισα γνώσεις και εμπειρία για την δημιουργία αρχειακών καταλόγων, το στήσιμο εκθέσεων και στο σχεδιασμό εκπαιδευτικών προγραμμάτων Μουσειακής Αγωγής. Με την ολοκλήρωση των σπουδών μου , άρχισα να εργάζομαι ως αντικαταστάτρια Φιλόλογος στο Υπουργείο Παιδείας και Πολιτισμού Κύπρου. Παράλληλα, παρακολουθώ διάφορα σεμινάρια σχετικά με την εκπαίδευση και τον πολιτισμό. Είμαι εθελόντρια στο Παττίχειο Ιστορικό Αρχείο του Δήμου Λεμεσού και έχω καταγράψει σε πρωταρχικό στάδιο το ιδιωτικό αρχείο του Νικόλαου Ξιούτα, το οποίο τώρα ψηφιοποιείται από το Τεχνολογικό Πανεπιστήμιο Κύπρου .
Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and continued my educational path with an MBA degree in Business Administration with specialization in Marketing at the University of Northumbria, Newcastle Upon Tyne in UK. I am a very energetic person, able to organize and plan to accomplish a goal. I can work independently and manage my time to meet deadlines as well as be part of a team. Well experienced in working with public and able to deal with problems whilst working under pressure. My previous work experience have helped me to develop my communication skills and become more open minded, independent in thinking yet willing to learn.
Right now, I am part of the Digital Heritage Lab team and Virtual Multimodal Museum community and my goal is to use my knowledge in order to built a strong network of professionals and experts to share their knowledge and bring together Europe and the world’s leading public and private sector organisations working on Virtual Museums and in the wider sector of Digital Cultural Heritage, to support high quality policy development, decision making and the use of technical advances.
Educational sciences, teaching Greek language, history and culture -emphasis in the cross-cultural approach and in the new technologies/new media.
- Postdoctoral research (in progress, 2015-2016), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki: “History and Video Games: Forming Pedagogical Criteria for the Evaluation and Development of Digital Games” under the supervision and support of Pantelis Nigdelis (Professor, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki) and Angelos Chaniotis (Professor, The Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton).
- PhD in Educational sciences / European Union Scholarship (2002-2007)
- Ma in Educational sciences (1999-2002)
- Scientific responsible of the programme “Education of Immigrants in the Greek language, Greek history and Greek culture- ‘Odysseus’ of INEDIVIM” (Greek Ministry of Education).
- Lecturing in the ASPETE (School of Pedagogical and Technological Education, Athens).
- Teaching in the Hellenic American Educational Foundation, Psychico College.
- Member of the research program: “Creation of original methodology for educational scenarios based on ICT (for the Greek language, Primary and Secondary education)”, Center of the Greek Language, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Monograph: “PAIDEIA and POLIS: education, ‘politics’ and youth”, Alexandria Publications (2015)/ scholarship, J. F. Costopoulos Foundation. http://www.alexandria-publ.gr/book_en.php?id=731
- 4 curricula for educators/ teachers.
- 5 textbooks for the students (scientific supervision/editing, writing).
- 1 educational/ multimedia DVD - 1 educational material -distance learning method.
- 22 papers.
- 32 proposals/ announcements (international and Greek conferences).